June 25, 2012

My Week With Marilyn

I finally got my hands on a copy of the film "My Week With Marilyn" starring Michelle Williams (I know very behind the times). This film is based on Colin Clark's (British Documentary Film Director and Writer) memorable and private week with the Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe. At first I thought this film would be another movie about the starlet herself - the glitz and glamour - but I was mistaken. It showed a more intimate fragile side; a very human side. Of first love, of her casual style, her innocence, her welcoming of others and above all else her dream to be simply understood and loved for who she really was; not for the glamourous starlet that she portrayed herself to be; after all being Marilyn Monroe was her most difficult role / character. Michelle Williams hands down was brilliantly moving in this role. She captured Marilyn's essence all the way down to her beauty mark; the resemblance was uncanny but more importantly her performance was believable. She certainly deserved the Oscar nominations!


"beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world"
- Marilyn Monroe

image sources: here & here & here

2 comments:

  1. It is okay that you feel a little behind :) I have not even watched "My Week With Marylin" yet. However, after hearing what you had to say about this movie, I am going to see if i can borrow it from one of my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this yet but I want to . Michelle is such a great caters. x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...